Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 10

Staying up late is a bad idea. I stayed up really late and was very unproductive as a result. In any case, I've been trying to get the blog together at adrianmcli.com. I think it's acceptable, and even a pretty good idea to start with a pre-made template of what you want your site to look like. However, I think it's also important to customize it in such a way that you create a rather unique identity.

I found the site niice.co, which is an image search engine. It's very cool, because its stated purpose is to allow you to create "moodboards" and build inspiration from images that already exist out there. I'll have to think about how I can use this to turn it into something I can do daily to build up my design "taste".

Still little-to-no progress on the Javascript front, however. Perhaps it's for the best, since I am kind of focused on trying to get the blog done so far. Will recap more when time goes on. I'm also finding a lot of social obligations to be clogging up my remaining time here in Hong Kong. In a few days, I'll be making my way back to Canada, specifically Vancouver. I can always hope that things will be better when I'm there, but I know that change needs to happen, and it needs to happen now (or yesterday). It's always an excuse when I find myself saying "oh, it'll be okay when I finally ... ". Because it's usually an indication that something is wrong within myself right now, pushing the blame to external circumstances always serve to undermine your own determination for self-improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment