With respect to taking notes from Canva tutorials, I no longer think that is effective. Developing taste requires a more organic approach and it isn't just a checklist that you keep in your back pocket. I'll still try to complete the tutorials and read their posts on design, but I think looking at top templates from Theme Forest actually help quite a bit.
As with the previous weekly evaluation, let's find out what worked and what didn't work. Point form summary follows below.
- Built adrianmcli.com on the Jekyll blogging platform
- Used themes as content for learning design taste
- Read the 7 Day Startup
- I let social obligations destroy my productivity
- Or to phrase it better, I did not prioritize my work enough
- Need to really hammer out the Meteor tutorial
Plan (Days 15 - 21)
- Daily Routine
- Develop an actual routine
- Should include looking at ThemeForest/ElegantThemes themes
- Finish polishing and launch the adrianmcli blog
- Also come up with a plan on making regular contributions
- Meteor tutorials