Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 24 - Seize Each Day

It's not just "seize the day", it should be "seize each day". It's easy to forget that we must make it a habit, and not just read the quote and feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm going to try to seize the day by using these blog posts to establish my "things I have to accomplish today for it to be a successful day."

Today, I must:
  • Complete the travel site to the point where all I have to do is wire in the backend
  • Complete info page for Toronto
  • Flesh out my one page productivity plan
At this point, I will leave this post and go about my day. The following paragraph will be written by me at the end of the day. I'm going to keep this pattern up every single day.

Well, I more or less did what I planned to do. I encountered a bug with the site, but for an MVP it's really a non-issue. Instead of launching with 10 cities, I'm going to launch with 3. And that's alright, because an MVP should be minimal. The pages that I DO have set up are beautiful, and that communicates my vision. That's what counts.

Regarding the final point, I have been so engrossed with programming that I didn't really get around to developing my productivity plan. I did read over it, but didn't really critically or creatively think about what I could add to my habits. In any case, tomorrow is going to be a new day, and another day of creation.

I plan to:
  • Learn about the accounts system on Meteor
  • Listen to some podcasts and write at least one blog post on adrianmcli.com
  • That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment