Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 19

Two days left until evaluation day again. Today I actually had a really good day. I've gotten through enough of the Discover Meteor book that I can begin building my own things. So I did! I started building my prototype for the travel info app. I felt like I learned a LOT of Meteor today, and it's been pretty good so far.

 One thing that I think I could've done better was to not obsess over so many details.

It's important to get a good idea of what you want before you start. Because if you try to figure it out along the way, you're going to get slowed down with non-stop decisions and end up not being very productive. You want to get the design phase out of the way and have a design "freeze" so that you can concentrate on making it REAL. Otherwise, you'll never make it out of orbit, let alone the moon.

As a result, I'm going to take a page from levels.io and make sure I have a pretty clear idea of what I want my site to look like before going forward with all the backend wiring. This will require me brushing up on scary CSS, but it's about time I faced my fears and got good at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment