Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 9

So I discovered that I don't really need foundation, at least not yet. Originally, I wanted to use Foundation to build my custom personal website and blog. However, while I was searching for good hosting, I discovered something I had long forgotten: that GitHub provides free hosting! And on top of that, it turns out that they also freely host a minimalist developer's blogging platform named Jekyll. I prodded further, and found this great tutorial, by Joshua Lande. I clicked around some more and found the Hyde theme to be just what I wanted! Within a couple hours, I had my own blog up at adrianmcli.com. A lot of work is still left to do, but at least now I have something on the domain!

The (temporary) deprecation of Foundation is good, because it means I can focus more on learning Meteor itself. I will eventually be moving at least some of these blog posts over to adrianmcli.com as well, but until then I'll keep plodding along here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment