Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 22

Today I spent a lot of time working on the site and also summarizing Peter Voogd's ideas. The UI looks more impressive every day. I also finally settled on three metrics and have made a mockup of a page. Tomorrow I should hammer out and refine what should or should not go on the page. I need to be more certain of how the information will be displayed so that I can finally start wiring up the backend for it.

If I have time, I'll also have to think about if it would be a good idea to have accounts. It would take me some time to figure out how to set it up, but I think it would be good to learn it anyway. I'll eventually have to get good at that.

I should also think about how I'm going to fetch a lot of the data, or maybe I'll just have to manually do it or recruit some friends. Levels.io got Nomadlist started by tweeting a Google Doc. But at that time, he already had a lot of followers, so I don't think I can replicate that same kind of success.

Worse comes to worst, I'll simply launch with 6-8 cities and see what people think on Hacker News and Reddit. Remember, you only start learning when you launch.

Hmm, maybe that means I should put in an e-mail or a comment box so people can comment and give feedback on their suggestions.

Also, I'm going to start doing daily point form summaries so I can easily refer back to this post and know what I was talking about.

Summary

  • Tomorrow:
    • Refine design on info page
    • Prepare for wiring up backend
  • Consider adding accounts
  • Think about how to grab information
  • Launch with 6-8 cities perhaps
  • Put up e-mail or comment box

No comments:

Post a Comment