Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 18

Long day today. I ran 2.5 km to the McDonald's in the pouring rain hoping to get breakfast only to find out that it is not open. It was only open 24 hours for the drive thru. As a result, I just ran all the way back.

I did some Meteor tutorials today, and it did actually feel quite good. I am considering investing in a graphics tablet for my computer so I can draw stuff with my hand, however I am not sure if it is a good idea at this point. Perhaps I need to keep my focus on Meteor for now.

There's also the issue of developing good design taste. A friend of mine informed me that I should follow people on Instagram with good design. Looking at things with good design will help develop taste, so I should do this. However, I don't know if I'll actually look at Instagram that often though.

I believe I'll end tonight by reading a book: A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

The Author's Note at the beginning of the book is quite enticing:
“IF YOU WATCHED a movie about a guy who wanted a Volvo and worked for years to get it, you wouldn’t cry at the end when he drove off the lot, testing the windshield wipers. You wouldn’t tell your friends you saw a beautiful movie or go home and put a record on to think about the story you’d seen. The truth is, you wouldn’t remember that movie a week later, except you’d feel robbed and want your money back. Nobody cries at the end of a movie about a guy who wants a Volvo. 
But we spend years actually living those stories, and expect our lives to feel meaningful. The truth is, if what we choose to do with our lives won’t make a story meaningful, it won’t make a life meaningful either. Here’s what I mean by that:”
Excerpt From: Donald Miller. “A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.” iBooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment