Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 21 - Weekly Eval.

Ugly is good if it can help me launch faster

Wow, it's been yet another week. It feels like it's been a long time! This past week was great because I'm finally settled into Vancouver and I no longer have a lot of social obligations. I don't have to travel and I can keep a nice schedule. I've been able to wake up early (before 6am) consistently and for the past few days, at 4:30am.

I've also pared down on a lot of things. I am no longer consuming as much and I'm producing much more now. I need to keep on doing this, because I realized that I am not trying to get a job. If I was trying to get a job, then maybe I would need to know the technology better. But I'm just trying to get shit done. Levels.io himself doesn't even use databases, he simply stores things in plain text files.

In any case, I'll leave it to the point form notes below:

Good

  • Added Disqus comments and Google Analytics to my personal blog
  • Designed and built a mock-up prototype on Meteor here 
  • Finished Meteor tutorials (to the extent that I need to)
  • Wrote summaries of books/podcasts
  • Blogged a good deal
  • Exercised and ran in the morning, every morning
Needs Improvement
  • I need to start my day with more intention and planning
    • I still have not made the habit of plotting/scheduling my day
  • Need to continue to stop obsessing about the details, its so important to build launch fast
    • Ugly is good if it can get me to launch faster
Plan (Days 22 - 28)
  • Take a look at some of the design-based Instagram accounts
  • Plot out my morning routine, at least the first couple hours of it
  • Publish two posts on my personal blog
  • FINISH b4YouGo

No comments:

Post a Comment